#1 Cheese Sandwich
8 out of 10 points. Delicious and easy to prepare sandwich with minimal ingredients.
Cooking 20 min.
- 2 slices of sandwich bread
- a large handful of grated cheddar or other easy-to-melt cheese
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- ketchup, tabasco and mango chutney for serving
- Lightly grease the slices of bread on both sides with butter (if you find mashed potatoes, spread them over one slice - it's very tasty).
- Sprinkle one slice of grated cheese. Cover with a second piece of bread and fry in a nonstick skillet over medium heat for about 3 minutes on each side. This is important because if the bread is browned too quickly, the cheese will not have time to melt, but it needs to turn into a viscous cheese lava. When frying, it is better to put a small load on the sandwich - then you get a crispy crust.
- When the sandwich is browned on both sides, remove it from the pan.
- Pour some grated cheese into the pan. Put the sandwich back and sprinkle with cheese on top. Leave on for 1 minute - wait until the cheese starts bubbling. Sprinkle with a small pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Poke the sandwich with a wide spatula, and when an even cheese crust appears from below, lift it with the same spatula and hold it in weight for 30 seconds, so that an impressive crown of leaked cheese forms on the sides.
- Turn the sandwich over and fry on the other side. Let cool and serve with ketchup, a drop of tabasco and mango chutney, or a mixture of these.