|Chicken Opor Recipe|
If you're reducing fat, you can still eat delicious yellow chicken opor. This is a recipe for yellow chicken opor without coconut milk that you can try
The yellow chicken opor without coconut milk tastes no less tasty than the chicken opor with coconut milk. Coconut milk that contains fat can be replaced with nuts that have vegetable fat.
Substitute for the savory taste of chicken opor, you can use candlenuts in more quantities. You still get a savory taste and thick gravy, it's just that the fat content is reduced. It's even better if you use free-range chicken which is a little fatty.
Don't be confused about making it because the recipe for yellow chicken opor without coconut milk is almost the same as ordinary yellow chicken opor. The amount of candlenut can be adjusted according to the desired concentration of savory taste.
Here is a recipe for yellow chicken opor without coconut milk that you can try.
Recipe for Yellow Chicken Opor Without Coconut
- 1 chicken
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 pieces of kaffir lime leaves
- 1 lemongrass stalk, bruised
- 2 cm galangal, bruised
- Seasoning, puree:
- 6 hazelnuts, roasted
- 3 red onions
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 4 cm turmeric
- 2 cm kencur
- 1 cm ginger
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- fried onion
How to make :
- Cut the chicken into 4 or 8 pieces. Wash clean and drain. Heat oil, saute ground spices until fragrant and cooked.
- Add the chicken pieces, stir until the chicken is stiff and white.
- Pour 500 ml of water and add bay leaves, galangal, lime leaves, lemon grass and chicken pieces.
- Reduce the heat and cook until the chicken is tender and the gravy is reduced. Remove and serve warm with a sprinkling of fried shallots.
Tips for making yellow chicken opor without coconut milk:
1. Yellow chicken opor without coconut milk can be made with free-range chicken, rooster or domestic chicken. Cut the chicken into 4,8 or 12, according to taste.
2. So that the aroma of the yellow chicken opor sauce without coconut milk tastes delicious and fragrant, briefly roast the candlenuts until they are slightly browned and fragrant.
3. When boiling the chicken stock without coconut milk, use low heat so that the spices are absorbed and the sauce thickens.